Years ago, I laughed when I saw a shirt with Spiritual Gangster on it. I wondered if I was one of them. But, I couldn’t find alignment with the idea.
I thought, “What am I? Am I a gangster? No! But I am a troublemaker. I’m more like a hooligan. I break the rules. I challenge the status quo. I don’t believe in the dogma or follow the conventions.”
I called Kristen up that day (She lived in Seattle at the time) and I said, “I am a Spiritual Hooligan.” She laughed and said, “Yes you are!”
For the last 7 years, I’ve hosted a mastermind of people who identify themselves as Spiritual Hooligans. So I asked them, how do you know if you are a Spiritual Hooligan? They had a lot to say about it.
I’ve compiled a list below to help you see if you are one of us.
- You seek Enlightened Prosperity.
- You recognize that you are a fringe dweller or an outlier.
- You question everything and don’t follow the spiritual traditions or cultural dogma just because you’re “supposed to.”
- You are extremely curious.
- You seek inner knowing.
- You meditate, contemplate and keep a quiet mind.
- Your intuition is strong.
- You intend to be in the flow.
- You are intentionally non-resistant.
- You are “unoffendable.”
- You know that the rules don’t apply to you.
- You play outside the lines.
- You are devoted to integrity and workability even when it disrupts the status quo.
- You aren’t afraid of destruction and happily blow up anything that doesn’t work in your life. You thrive in chaos.
- You find stability when everyone else is unstable.
- You gracefully create results even when it seems improbable.
- You are satisfied and yet, you are eager for more.
- You decline activities that are done out of guilt or obligation.
- You are unconcerned with impressing anyone.
- You are unconcerned with offending anyone.
- You are committed and completely unattached to the results.
- You trust that all is well.
- Magic happens around you.
- You are in awe and wonder.
- Your presence is experienced as a gift because you don’t play by the rules and you give people the freedom to be themselves.
- You laugh, you giggle, you chuckle and you play all day.
- While others struggle with the drama, you have fun with it.
- You are extremely flexible and can activate new habits, ways of beings, and outlooks…almost at will.
- You have fun releasing lifelong beliefs at the drop of a hat.
- You don’t believe in mass reality because you know how to create your own.
If this speaks to you, then you are a Spiritual Hooligan! We all hang out together in our facebook group. Come play with us https://www.facebook.com/groups/spiritualhooligans