How do you know if you are on the path to experiencing enlightenment in your daily life? Sometimes its hard to tell because there aren’t that many people committed to enlightenment.
I want to share 11 tell-tale signs with you so that you can be encouraged and inspired to continue on your path to enlightenment.
From my perspective, in our purest state, we are happy. Joy flows through us. Life is simple.
Then we ‘grow up.’ It’s difficult to maintain the enlightened state with so much negativity in the world.
Up until recently, the idea of being in an enlightened state AND living a normal life in the western world seemed like opposing ideas.
Not anymore. Enlightenment is not only attainable, but it is also an incredibly practical way to live with the complexity of modern life.
My definition of enlightenment is simple:
Enlightenment is the recognition that the source of life within you is the source of life for everyone and everything else. We are all one thing expressing itself with infinite variety.
Here are 11 tell-tale signs you are experiencing enlightenment in day-to-day life:
- You are happy because you exist and it is your natural state. Circumstances are no longer the source of your happiness.
- You are at peace with the way things are and eager for whatever is next.
- You have begun to see that people are innately innocent and that their selfish actions are a natural result of survival programming.
- You acknowledge that we are all just doing the best we can in a world that is mysterious and challenging.
- You are inexplicably driven to forgive everyone for everything.
- You take steps to release the illusion that you can control anything.
- You experience the freedom of knowing that your opinion and perspective are not important, valuable, or needed and the world goes on with or without your commentary, opinion, insights, observations, or point of view.
- You are beginning to acknowledge that the world is an expression of your perspective and programs developed through familial, cultural, religious and geographical influences that you had no choice in.
- You are starting to see that the only thing you are against is your perspective about what you are experiencing in the world.
- You start to lose your urgency. Nothing feels very important. You feel compelled to do the things that you enjoy.
- Your stress begins to disappear. When it returns you might find it interesting rather than urgent and distracting.
Would you like to increase your level of enlightenment (yes, there are levels)? Begin to rate yourself on a scale of 1 to 10 the degree to which you are experiencing these states. Once you do that, you can intentionally shift, remove or eliminate whatever is standing in your way.
I encourage you to print this page and hang it on the refrigerator, or copy this list into a calendar reminder with a daily pop-up on your phone. That way you can measure and monitor the degree to which you are experiencing enlightenment in day-to-day life.
These are nice things to keep in mind while dealing with people and situations. Thank you Matthew for the reminders. I feel more at peace after reading this.
Thankyou. It feels so good to be in the presence of like minded thinking. I wish you much joy:)
I’m on the right path.We are all in this together.
Peace and light
My entire family believes I am on drugs or going crazy. I have no one to speak to regarding this. I went back into a room I got stuck in life..when I went back two years later and opened a window and started working. The tears started. I could see our destinies. I could see evolution and the end of the world. I understand everything. The problem? I have the desire to disappear. A sabbatical of sorts. I am so excited about starting over.
Laura many of us have these incredible gifts that feel like a curse in the beginning. It takes time to assimilate them. Keep persisting. Focus on the idea that we are all the same thing expressing itself with infinite variety. Anything less then “all is well” should be disregarded as illusion.
I believe I was given true enlightenment when one night I was visited by a small drop dropping out of the ceiling in myhotel room in NY. Which proceeded to turn into a tennis ball then floated into my perfect line of vision to the size of a soccer ball. It was pure light. I could see the emery it generated inside. It was there for about 4 min. My mind had no way to comprehend it. It exploded into many sparks and left me in wonderment.
What an extraordinary experience. Those otherworldly experiences are so transformational.
This is my life – I’m retired and loving it!!
What a blessing!!
These are certainly some powerful goals for ordinary people.
Indeed they are. When ordinary people like us set our sites on these kinds of experiences, life gets better and better.
Yes. I love this. Thank you for putting it together. 🌋
You are welcome Jane. It’s been really enjoyable coming out and letting people know what I’ve been experiencing lately.
How crazy that this is exactly what I have been feeling and thinking over the past year!! I love this!
Yay! I love that I get to uplift and inspire you today.
Thank you Matthew. I reposted to my blog, This Divine Human Experience, giving you credit and adding a little commentary. https://fullyhuman-fullydivine.blogspot.com/ If this is objectionable to you, let me know right away and I’ll remove it and publish a retraction. Thanks again for sharing!
Hi Ken, thank you for honoring my work and reposting it to your blog. I appreciate your efforts!
Are u hiring? I am woke
Hi Goddess 🙂 We use upwork.com as our hiring platform. If you are on there, you will see us posting for help.