The other day a client asked me about my 10/10 Visualization Process. Today I wanted to get it in your hands for one simple reason: It’s the ideal way to leverage the power of emotion to get more of want you want, fast.
We live in an attraction-based Universe. The happier you are with what you already have, the more you get what makes you happy.
And, the inverse is true. If you are dissatisfied with your current situation, that energy muddles up your intentions. The more dissatisfied you are, the more you get what dissatisfies you.
The good news is you can use this phenomenon to your advantage now.
The 10/10 Visualization Process
- Make a list of 10 things you love about your life, your job, your product, the opportunities you have, and your customers. Add anything that works well in your life, anything you like, and all the people you are happy about having in your life. Then add anything you are thankful for.
- Make a list of 10 things you want to accomplish: your goals, dreams, visions, and aspirations in life.
- Once you have the lists, you can begin to do your discipline. Every morning find a comfortable place to sit with your back straight and feet on the ground. Before you start, take a moment to review both lists. Then, close your eyes and take 10 deep breaths. Hold each breath as long as you can. Then blow it out slowly. (I call these the connector breaths. You are getting connected to your higher self. Tapping into the universal consciousness. If you feel light-headed, good! See if you can get even more light-headed next time. It simply means you are going into deeper states of consciousness.)
- Now, that you are in a very powerful, conscious state, mentally review your list of everything that is good, that you’re happy about, etc. Dwell on each item. Get really connected with how great it is to have this in your life. Let the emotions of gratitude well up inside of you and overflow. It’s okay to cry tears of joy. In fact, that’s the objective.
- Once you have spent some time truly appreciating your life mentally, shift to your list of things you want to accomplish. But keep the feeling of gratitude. First, think about how amazing your life is that you have these kinds of objectives. Then start being thankful for each item as if it had already come true, or was already happening or occurring right now. Think about it the same way you thought about the first list. Let your imagination run away with you.
One of the key elements to this visualization is emotionalizing. By goosing up the desire, you turbo-boost the results you achieve.
During each 10/10 visualization, work to charge your emotions with gratitude and get as excited as you can about how great your life is. Then transfer that same excitement to your desired outcomes and dreams. Get excited as if your dreams are coming true right now. You have hit maximum power when you are moved to tears of joy for the opportunities the universe has provided you.
Note that you won’t always be able to create the feelings you want, so don’t make yourself “wrong” when it doesn’t get as intense as it had before. Keep doing the 10/10 visualization and your emotions will eventually ramp up.
This discipline is simple, yet, like all disciplines, you must structure your life so this happens daily. I always recommend doing this in the morning before you get ready for your day. If you exercise in the morning, do this immediately afterward for best results. Sit in a quiet place and spend 10 minutes meditating. (For other meditations you can lie down, but not this one.) Sit up straight in a chair with your eyes closed and take your ten deep breaths. You want to be consciously in control of your mental process.
Five minutes of visualizing everything you are grateful for keeps those things persisting in your life. Five minutes of seeing your outcomes, goals, visions and dreams as if they are happening right now will trigger the universe to have all your dreams come true. No kidding!
Alright! Now report back in 7 short days and let me know what you experience. Let’s do this.